News & Blogs:
Books and Films:
- Years of Living Dangerously: Also called “The Years Project.” A must-see TV series with many episodes available for free online.
- Experimenting on a Small Planet: A thorough foundation on the science of climate change. For educators, scientists, and the general public. Powerpoint presentations for key chapters also available. By Dr. William W. Hay.
- Merchants of Doubt: By Naomi Oreskes and Erik Conway. How a cadre of influential scientists clouded public understanding of scientific facts to advance a political and economic agenda.
- Earth Under Fire: An illustrated text on the effects of climate change
IPCC Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
- What factors determine the earth’s climate? answer here
- What is the relationship between climate change and weather? answer here
- What is the greenhouse effect? answer here
- Has there been a change in extreme events like heat waves, droughts, floods and hurricanes? answer here
- Is the amount of snow and ice on earth decreasing? answer here
- Is sea level rising? answer here
- Is the current climate change unusual compared to earlier changes in earth’s history? answer here
- Are the increases in carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases during the Industrial Era caused by human activities? answer here
- Can the warming of the 20th century be explained by natural variability? answer here
- Are extreme events, like heat waves, droughts or floods, expected to change as the earth’s climate changes? answer here
Homepage Photo Credit: Disintegrating ice shelf, Antarctica. Gary Braasch/World View of Global Warming.