Check our Facebook page for TICC news and updates.
News & Blogs:
Books and Films:
- An Inconvenient Truth: The classic must-see documentary film about Al Gore’s campaign against climate change.
- Earth Under Fire: By Gary Braasch. Photography compliments research to provide a comprehensive text on how global warming is changing the world.
- Experimenting on a Small Planet: By William W. Hay. A thorough introduction to the science of climate change. For educators, scientists, and the general public. Powerpoint presentations for key chapters also available.
- The Island President: A documentary film about the inspirational struggle of former President of the Maldives, Mohamed Nasheed, to establish democracy and later to save his country from sea level rise.
- Merchants of Doubt: By Naomi Oreskes and Erik Conway. How a cadre of influential scientists clouded public understanding of scientific facts to advance a political and economic agenda.
IPCC Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
- What factors determine the earth’s climate? answer here
- What is the relationship between climate change and weather? answer here
- What is the greenhouse effect? answer here
- Has there been a change in extreme events like heat waves, droughts, floods and hurricanes? answer here
- Is the amount of snow and ice on earth decreasing? answer here
- Is sea level rising? answer here
- Is the current climate change unusual compared to earlier changes in earth’s history? answer here
- Are the increases in carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases during the Industrial Era caused by human activities? answer here
- Can the warming of the 20th century be explained by natural variability? answer here
- Are extreme events, like heat waves, droughts or floods, expected to change as the earth’s climate changes? answer here
Homepage Photo Credit: Disintegrating ice shelf, Antarctica. Gary Braasch/World View of Global Warming.